The floor around an indoor pool is an important design feature, which will enhance the appearance of the pool.
It is important that the floor finish is both attractive and anti-slip and our Greek limestone product has proved ideal for many indoor pools throughout the UK.
The advanced manufacturing techniques enable any profile of stone to be provided.
Our service includes the following:
- Liaising with clients, their pool contractor or professional advisor to identify and agree the areas of floor requiring stone and its profile and thickness.
- Ascertain whether the pool has level deck profile utilising our stone copings, grilles and outlane system.
- Alternatively whether the pool has a freeboard configuration with the water approximately 150mm below coping level, also, agreement is required as to whether the coping is to be 1/4 bullnosed, or simply with a rounded ‘pencil detail’ on its extreme outer edge. We offer copings in 20mm, 30mm or 40mm thickness stone.
- We also need to agree whether the freeboard between coping and water level is to be in Greek Limestone.
- Our standard size of floor stone is 600mm x 300mm x 20mm. Many floors surrounding pools have stone laid with staggered joints with the longest length parallel to the long side of the pool.
- Other stone layouts can be considered with stone laid randomly or diagonally – we can provide example drawings on request.
- We recommend within pool rooms that stone skirtings are specified both for appearance and practicality.
- We recommend that the sandblasted, anti-slip, Greek Limestone is continued into surrounding potentially wet areas such as change, lobby, sauna and steam rooms.
- Our stone grilles have been successfully used for drains in shower, steam and sauna rooms – see Gallery.
- Stone has also been used to clad steam room seats, walls and ceiling, shower and wet rooms, also change rooms up to stone dado height.
- Many recent pool floor and walls have been clad in stone providing a harmonious blend with the floor and a beautiful pale blue colour of water – see Gallery.
- The supply of stone sealant, adhesives and grout once the extent of stone and its specification has been agreed. We will provide a fixed price quotation including delivery to site.
- The majority of our stone is provided for clients’ contractors to arrange laying through local stonemasons.
- Alternatively, we have recommended several excellent teams of stonemasons, who have completed satisfactory work for clients on past projects.